- To run a financially secure business and be able to manage a healthy cash flow.
- To gain in-depth knowledge of financial documents and to learn how to work more effectively with your accountants.
Who is this course for?
- Those who need a basic knowledge of accounts and finance to run your business.
- Those who have recently started a new business or are planning to start one.
Will I gain any qualifications?
- Yes an Level 2 Award in Accounting Skills.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
- You will need to have a Level 2 qualification in maths and English.
to be confident in using a computer, ideally to have at level 2 qualification or the equivalent skills
What could this course lead to?
- Confidence working with numbers
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Budgeting for the small business
- Managing cash flow, keeping your business healthy
- Understanding financial documents
- Sole traders, partnerships and limited companies – notification and essential principles
How will I learn?
- In a classroom environment using course material. There will be group discussions, tutor-led demonstrations, tutorials, small groups, individual and peer teaching. Learners will record their own progress and have their work checked regularly throughout the course. Regular attendance is essential as is sitting a single computer based assessment at the end of the course.
- Running your own business on a firm financial footing or supporting someone else with theirs. You could also progress to a higher level accounting qualification or other finance and enterprise (business start-up) courses.
Your commitments as a learner:
- Regular attendance and good punctuality
- To sit a computer based assessment (exam)
- To be equipped and provide your own notebook, pen, calculator, ruler, ring binder for hand-outs and a memory stick.